Thursday, June 2, 2011

Man of My Dreams!

I sure have been a slacker on this blog but since it is so driven by my dating there hasn't been much to say. After Mr. Baseball took the ex-girlfriend he assured me wasn't in the picture on the vacation we had planned I kind of swore off men until 2012. Mr. MexicanFood and Mr. Baseball in the first 4 months of this year is just a sign that I obviously have not figured out my major man issues. 

I may not be dating but I am not dead either. I met the most beautiful man on my birthday at this swanky rooftop bar downtown. I never go to places like this because I am a much simpler girl and the socialite scene is more than I care to keep up with but it was my birthday. So my champagne drinking best friend and my hilarious little sister take me out for some girls night fun. 

This tall extremely handsome guy was pacing past our table on his phone and I over hear his bitching about being at the bar alone. Since I am such a shy girl I turn around, interrupt his phone call and say "it's really OK buddy, we've all been there before, you are just suppose to own it." He laughs, gets off the phone and we continue to talk. A few minutes later three of his friends show up and join our table. I spend my evening laughing and drinking with the Man of My Dreams. 

He is gorgeous, has his Masters from Oregon State, works as the General Manager for the department at a University that seeks corporate sponsorships for the athletic department and he grew up in Northern California, my favorite place on Earth.  I could not have created him better myself. Did I mention he has no kids and is only 31!! Ding. Ding. Ding. 

So far I have played it pretty cool with emails and such surrounding work, there is communication but it's not like he is racing to ask me out and we haven't ventured into any real details about our personal lives. For all I know he is one of those married guys who doesn't wear a ring. I hate them... It must be how boys feel about wonder bras; false advertising. You get all excited and then BAM! Married. 

I will keep you all posted on the progress of the Man of My Dreams but I am sticking to not dating until 2012... At least for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment