Sunday, September 13, 2015

Dealing and Healing Pt 3: Remeber to Sleep

I AM NO SPRING CHICKEN so rallying after being out literally all night and heading to the pool with a handful of friends for some day drinking was a struggle. I chugged a Gatorade, ate a piece of pizza, several bottles of water and a nap later I cracked my first beer. 

Now tonight was a little calmer. there was a big group of us until about 9 when we all went our separate ways. Mic decided to drive like an hour away with a few friends to some rave. Not my scene so I was out on that. Bearclaw decided to have a chill night with the man she is kind of seeing since they were going to the football game tomorrow together and all I wanted to do was sleep. 

So I headed to a friend of ours house for a movie and some couch time. This is where things get funny. My girl friends have been pushing this guy on me all weekend. He is a super cool successful beer brewery owner. One of the best in Oklahoma. I know him just through these friends but he was gracious enough to offer Me a chill night on the couch with him. 

I head that way and he has apparently had conversations with both my girl friends while I'm in route. Mic informs him that there is no way I will be sleeping. Bearclaw informs me that I should do whatever feels right and apparently this man has some massive sex appeal in a one on one scenario. 

I go to his house pretty much exhausted expecting to have a glass of wine and fall asleep watching a movie. I think he may have had higher hopes but I gotta have some resemblance of class. There are only so many one night stands acceptable on a vacation weekend and I was not going to add one more to this weekend by getting to comfy with this guy. So my plan is exactly what happens. After half a glass of rose I am sawing logs in the middle of whatever movie he had picked out for us. I remain on this couch until morning when I head over to Mic's to get ready for game day! 

Let's take a moment to look back on my dating history. I had a strong showing of rich old guys in my mid twenties. There was a time when this man would have been high on my things to do. He was the idal candidate for 25 year old me. As I got older and men closer to my age matured into acceptable tax brackets and conversationalists I no longer wanted to waste my time on men twice my age. I can't actually imagine building a life with someone 20 years my senior. When I'm 50 he's 70? What the hell am I going to do with that?... I'm lucky I bailed on that pattern before it became permanent. 

Now that I'm extremely self sufficient I am much more likely to date a recently graduated frat boy than a CEO of a company. I want fun. That pretty much my only criteria: attraction and fun. It's kind of a nice place to be in life. The age appropriate men are young, hot and successful. The not so age appropriate men are oddly attracted to my 30 something age bracket. The young ones think we are hot and not clingy and the old ones think we are just hot and still fun but not stupid enough to make an ass of ourselves in front of important people. Right now just might be the best age. 

I feel like I'm rambling and you'd probably rather read about the 35 year old businessman I met at a tailgate and the goal to kiss a frat boy at the football game... Let's move on to Pt. 4: Remember You are Fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment