Monday, February 21, 2011

The 90 Day Rule!

Ladies, we are ruining the few good men that are still out there. Yes, I think it is time we take at least partial responsibility for our own heartache over the opposite sex. We want to be in love. No matter what you say, you do. You are a creature designed for companionship and sometimes the quickest easiest way to feel this connection we are animalisticly (I think I just made that word up) designed to want is physical intimacy. Yep. I'm about to talk about sex and how we have all turned into a bunch sluts.


For as long as I can remember girls have been complaining about the double standard of men and women in sexual promiscuity. "If a guy gets a bj in the parking lot he is rewarded with hi-fives if a girl is giving the bj she is a dirty whore." (I kind of think she is a dirty whore for giving a guy a bj in a parking lot but you get the point.) So some where along the way we, women decided, effe this male dominated stereotype. If I want to have sex just for the pleasure it brings, I am going to do it.


Well honey, this mentality that even I can admit to supporting at certain times in my life is why when you meet a seemingly nice guy and want to get to know him, he is looking to capitalize on the soonest moment he can get you into bed. Sometimes the combination of great conversation, wine and sexual chemistry will lead you straight to the "I've never done anything like this before" speech and sometimes it is a complete turn off he is even trying so soon.


So in my most recent dive into dating, the new guy and I drink a little too much and end up in the same bed. Both fully clothed because at the first sexual innuendo on probably the second date I said, "O honey, that's funny but you've got a 90 day waiting period on your hands." Knowing this he even states, "if you stay here I wont try anything I just want to snuggle." A grown man using the word snuggle makes me gag, but I digress.


Sleeping in the same bed with someone who is interested in you can be nice but regardless of the ground rules already made you still have to play defense all night. I've got hands up shirt headed for my right boob, one down my pants groping my ass, o now the left boob, not the panties, and so on... Where do all these freaking hands come from and how are they moving so fast. Where is this insane hand jive ability when the dishes need to be done, buddy! And how, no matter what, am I one step behind on thwarting him off? Why? Is he doing this, this is a nice guy! O wait... I know why... because he has heard before, "I don't sleep with guys I am just getting to know" and then some hoochy with just enough alcohol and a whole lot of hormones says to herself screw it. This is going to be fun! By doing this YOU ARE RUINING THESE MEN! They no longer take you at your word, knowing the likelihood is you will give it up anyway and the speech was just to save face.


I know, this isn't all your fault and I myself have contributed to the lack of respect a guy has for a female in his bed. I mean after all you are there. You did get in the bed. What is he suppose to think... I guess I just needed to bitch about the problem I helped create and I obviously have a lot of built up sexual tension since we are only on day 6 with the new guy, this seemed like the way to do it.


I just want to wait until I know him well enough to be comfortable, and that he is really into just me. If he is having sex with me, he is sure as hell not doing it with anyone else. But I hate the feeling that by holding out, it is going to push him to find a little tramp to pass the time. Just like women, men seek that same companionship the same moment of feel good pleasure a little night of passion (or sloppy sex) can bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment