Friday, December 16, 2011

My Future Husband.... AKA The Most Embarrassing Moment of My Life.

In July of 2010 my Bad Ass Brother took on a new music project at his Studio. I was asked to help him for the day as a little assistant. I'm real good at that since I can basically read his mind.

On this fateful July day I walk into see THE most gorgeous man I have ever had the privilege of laying my eyes on personally. If you know me at all you realize I use the term "most gorgeous man" frequently but this time I mean it.

I walk over to my bro and this conversation actually happens:
Me: uh, who that? (you should picture my pupils dilated to the size of saucers and my tongue on the floor)
Brother: that's 'insert real name here'
Me: yeah... I think I'm going to marry him.
Brother: great...

This project of Brother's was pretty kick ass and watching the man of my dreams all day was quite fulfilling. But then when we wrapped for the night and got a few beers in us My Future Husband KISSED ME! Fire-freaking-works!

It was a nice little parking lot make out session and then we never talked again... Until...

My brother and this guy decided to go into business together. Hallelujah! So now he's around all the time. Did you catch that Hallelujah Chorus?

So we've become buds but I really only see him when he's with my Brother. We are friendly and I am in love, and calling him almost exclusively My Future Husband. I do this so much that even my family calls him that, mostly my Fabulous Sis-in-law, but everyone knows who I'm referring to.

So my bro and my husband-to-be have started a company. I like to hang out there, in fact I am writing this from there Right Now as they work, loudly. MFH just finished his work out. I watched. I have no shame.

Back to the point of this story...

One day I'm hanging at the Bros music studio and we are having a sibling convo about me and my issues. My Future Husband is not there, neither of us think he is coming by so we have safely ventured into my master plan for actually making him a member of the family.

This night MFH has a film project playing at a local theater and Brother is having to go as a supportive man best friend. I say in a normal tone "sure would've been cool if my husband had invited me to the premiere of his film." As soon as I finish the sentence I look up from my laptop to see him standing directly in front of me.

Are you Efffing kidding me?!!? My Future Husband has walked into this giant echoing room without either of us noticing and has just heard me refer to him as my husband, not even future, in a sentence that was so detailed it couldn't even be passed off as about ANYONE else.

To make matters just a smidge worse I am stand up to say hey and give him a hug then immediately walk out the door. I am obviously mortified. I can't even play this off. I text Brother from the bathroom as he is just trying not to laugh. By the time I get back in there, composed, we all just act like nothing happened. It was awful and awkward.

I still wanna marry him...

No comments:

Post a Comment